https://go.alt.ac.uk/445Iq1R

 		View in your browser [1]

 		[Association for Learning Technology: improving practice, promoting
research and influencing policy.] [2]

 		WEEKLY NEWS DIGEST - ISSUE 742, 25 MARCH 2024

WELCOME TO YOUR WEEKLY NEWS UPDATE FROM THE LEADING PROFESSIONAL BODY FOR
LEARNING TECHNOLOGY IN THE UK. We support a collaborative community for
individuals and organisations from all sectors and provide professional
recognition and development. Each week we will update you on the latest
news and publications, events, jobs, and calls for proposals from across
the learning technology community.

 		UPDATES FOR MEMBERS

 		[OER24] [3]

 		OER24 IS FINALLY HERE!

We're looking forward to welcoming over 200 participants at MTU in Cork,
27-28 March for the 15th Annual OER Conference. OER24 will bring together
the strong Irish Open Education movement and international participants to
leverage our shared expertise for change in policy and practice. Keynotes
from OER will be livestreamed to our Youtube [4].
If you have registered, please ensure you read the joining instructions
ahead of the conference. Joining instructions were emailed to delegates on
Wednesday 20 March.

 		Learn More [3]

 		[OER Sponsors] [5]

 		THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS FOR SUPPORTING #OER24

We really appreciate the support of our Sponsors and Partners in organising
our events and are pleased to announce the supporters of this year's Open
Education Conference [3]; eCampusOntario, GO-GN, Canvas by Instructure,
Fáilte Ireland and N-TUTORR.

 		Learn More [5]

SPRING BANK HOLIDAY CLOSURE
We wish our Members a very enjoyable spring bank holiday break, ALT will be
closed from 29 March until 3 April.

HOW THE USE OF MULTIMEDIA ENHANCES TEACHING, LEARNING, AND RESEARCH [6]
WE ARE EXCITED TO BE PARTNERING WITH LEARNING ON SCREEN TO BRING YOU AN
ENLIGHTENING FREE WEBINAR TITLED “HOW THE USE OF MULTIMEDIA ENHANCES
TEACHING, LEARNING, AND RESEARCH”. THIS WEBINAR AIMS TO EXPLORE THE
TRANSFORMATIVE IMPACT OF MULTIMEDIA IN TODAY’S EDUCATIONAL LANDSCAPE.
11 APRIL 2024 FROM 11:00 AM TO 12:00 PM

PROPOSALS ARE OPEN FOR NEW SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS [7]
ALT’S SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS (SIGS) BRING TOGETHER OUR MEMBERS AROUND A
COMMON THEME OR TOPIC. SIGS ARE AN IMPORTANT WAY FOR ALT’S MEMBERS TO
SHARE, COLLABORATE, DEVELOP AND PURSUE THEIR INTERESTS WITH THEIR PEERS. WE
INVITE ALT MEMBERS TO PROPOSE NEW SIGS BY NOON GMT ON 12 APRIL 2024. READ
THE FULL CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION [7].

THE DIGITAL UNIVERSITIES UK, 16-18 APRIL 2024: DESIGNING ACCESSIBLE AND
INCLUSIVE ONLINE EDUCATION [8]
WE ARE DELIGHTED TO BE A PARTNER OF THE (TIMES HIGHER EDUCATION) DIGITAL
UNIVERSITIES UK EVENT. ALT TRUSTEES, NATALIE AND DAVID, WILL LEAD A
WORKSHOP SHARING THE STRATEGIES AND APPROACHES THEY HAVE TAKEN TO DESIGN
ACCESSIBLE AND INCLUSIVE ONLINE EDUCATION AND DIGITAL EXPERIENCES AT THE
UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE AND UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS LONDON. JOIN THEM IN EXETER
ON WEDNESDAY 17 APRIL, 3:45 PM - 4:30 PM.

 		AMPLIFYFE UPDATES

AMPLIFYFE LINKEDIN GROUP [9]
JOIN OUR AMPLIFYFE LINKEDIN GROUP TO CONNECT WITH OTHER EDUCATORS IN FE AND
BEYOND.

AMPLIFYFE FE DIARY OF EVENTS [10]
CHECK OUT UPCOMING EVENTS SHARED ON THE AMPLIFYFE FE DIARY OF EVENTS. THIS
IS A COLLABORATIVE PADLET, WHERE ANYONE CAN SUBMIT FUTURE FE RELATED
EVENTS. UPCOMING EVENTS ARE THEN SHARED IN OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER.

 		CMALT NEWS

CMALT ACCELERATOR WORKSHOP [11]
THIS 1-DAY STANDALONE WORKSHOP IS DESIGNED TO HELP CMALT CANDIDATES
FAST-TRACK WORK ON THEIR PORTFOLIO IN ORDER TO SUBMIT IT TO PEER REVIEW.
THE WORKSHOP WILL PROVIDE TAILORED SUPPORT FOR INDIVIDUALS AS WELL AS PEER
SUPPORT IN A GROUP OF CMALT CANDIDATES ALL WORKING TOWARDS CMALT
ACCREDITATION.
25 APRIL 2024 FROM 9:30 AM TO 4:00 PM

 		Upcoming CMALT Webinars [12]

 		MEMBERS AND SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP NEWS AND EVENTS

ELESIG - THE MASTERYPATH – FACILITATING LEARNING AND TRANSITION WITH AN
ONLINE CENTRED APPROACH [13]
Many adaptive learning technologies can be implemented by educators in a
bid to facilitate student learning. Mastery paths, which can be
incorporated into the virtual learning environment of Canvas, are one such
adaptive learning technology that has emerged within this practice.
Tuesday, 2 April 2024 from  3:00 PM to  4:00 PM

ALSIG: ASSESSMENTS - WHAT TO AVOID WITH CHEATING AND HOW TO CREATE NEW
TYPES OF ASSESSMENTS USING GENAI [14]
The webinar addresses the escalating concern of student cheating
facilitated by artificial intelligence, in particular tools, such as
ChatGPT. Strategic measures are presented to mitigate these challenges.
Furthermore, we will explore the use of AI for new approaches to gauge
student understanding by creating assessments that are resistant to
manipulation and foster genuine understanding.
Monday 8 Apr 2024 from  1:00 PM to  2:00 PM

ELESIG - GETTING INTO ACTION: BUILDING SKILLS FOR ACTION RESEARCH [15]
Join Becky Quew-Jones, Principal Lecturer and Learning and Teaching
Coordinator, as she leads an interactive workshop on building skills for
action research. Becky will share experience using action learning and
action research to enhance degree apprenticeship programs and promote
academic integrity initiatives. In this session, you will have a hands on
session in an attempt to resolve our own workbased wicked problems. Monday
8 Apr 2024 from  2:00 PM to  3:00 PM

 		Upcoming Events [16]

 		COMMUNITY NEWS, EVENTS, COURSES AND CALLS FOR PROPOSALS

GET READY FOR PEBBLEBASH 24: REFRESH, RESHAPE, REDESIGN [17]
We're thrilled to open our doors for the first international gathering of
PebblePad explorers and trailblazers in six years. See the full conference
programme for PebbleBash in Edinburgh, 11-13th of June 2024. Secure your
spot today!

CALL FOR EDITORS: JOURNAL OF UNIVERSITY TEACHING AND LEARNING PRACTICE
(JUTLP) [18]
The Journal of University Teaching and Learning Practice is seeking
expressions of interest for Senior and Associate Editor roles for
three-year terms. JUTLP is listed in Scopus (Interim 2023 CiteScore 3.5;
2022 Q2 CiteScore of 2.7) and Web of Science. We have position descriptions
for each role, and specific vacancies are listed in the expression of
interest information.  The closing date for expressions of interest is 30
April 2024 with interviews to be scheduled in May 2024.

CIHE ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2024: MOVING INTO PEDAGOGIC RESEARCH [19]
ARU's Centre for Innovation in Higher Education (CIHE) is pleased to
announce a national pedagogic research conference on the theme of Moving
into Pedagogic Research, taking place on ARU’s Cambridge campus on
Thursday, 11 July 2024.
The call for papers is now open. We welcome proposals from PGRs, newer
career researchers, and experienced pedagogic researchers. We encourage
submissions from a wide variety of topics and research methods.
For more information, please see the conference website [19].

ESCAPE ROOMS IN EDUCATION SHOWCASE 2.0 [20]
We are excited to confirm that we are running the Escape Rooms in Education
showcase on Friday 10th May 2024, with opening keynote Liz Cable. The
global event will begin at 8:00 AM BST with a mix of synchronous and
asynchronous sessions until 8.00 PM BST, so feel free to dip in and out
across the day. All live sessions will be delivered online. The Call for
Proposals deadline is Wednesday 10 April 2024 and registration is now open!

UCISA DCG-DEG SPOTLIGHT24, 30TH APRIL, BIRMINGHAM [21]
“10 Years Forward, 10 Steps Beyond: Digital Capabilities for 2034,"
promises an insightful exploration into the future of digital education.
Join us as we mark a significant milestone in the journey of digital
transformation in higher education. Embrace the future of digital
capabilities in higher education. Be part of this transformative event and
shape the digital landscape for the next decade!

 		RECENT PUBLICATIONS

 		#ALTC BLOG

OER24 Guest Post – It’s simple: Ontario’s open education movement is
about our learners [22]
Published: 21 March 2024

EVENT REPORT: LEARNING TECHNOLOGY SUPPORTING EMPLOYABILITY [23]
Published: 13 March 2024

OER24 Guest Post: The National Teaching Repository – OER with reach and
impact tracking [24]
Published: 12 March 2024

OER24 GUEST POST: TEN ACTIVE STEPS TO IMPROVE DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY IN YOUR
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION [25]
Published: 08 March 2024

 		VISIT THE BLOG [26]

 		RESEARCH IN LEARNING TECHNOLOGY

Educators’ understandings of digital classroom tools and datafication:
perceptions from higher education faculty [27]
Samantha Szcyrek, Bonnie Stewart, Erica Miklas

ENHANCING THE ONLINE LEARNING EXPERIENCE OF CHINESE COLLEGE STUDENTS: AN
INVESTIGATION OF FACILITATION STRATEGIES AND THEIR MIXED ASSOCIATION WITH
STUDENT SATISFACTION [28]
Shixin Fang, Yi Lu, Guijun Zhang, Wenjuan Qin

LEARNING EXPERIENCE DESIGN OF VERBAL PROMPTS IN VIRTUAL REALITY-BASED
TRAINING FOR AUTISTIC CHILDREN [29]
Jewoong Moon

DIGITAL COMPETENCES OF TEACHERS IN LEBANON: A COMPARISON OF TEACHERS’
COMPETENCES TO EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS [30]
Levon Momdjian, Marni Manegre, Mar Gutiérrez-Cólon

 		VISIT THE JOURNAL [31]

 		LATEST JOBS

NEW - GOLDSMITHS, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON - LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES MANAGER [32]
TaLIC
Ref: 10160
£43,036-£47,952
Full time
Some remote working
Closing date: 19 April 2024
Informal enquiries to Fiona Handley [log in to unmask]

IMPERIAL COLLEGE - LEARNING TECHNOLOGIST [33]
Faculty OF Natural Sciences
Ref: NAT01699
£43,309 -  £56,378
Full time, fixed term until 31 July 2025
Some remote working
Closing date: 14 April 2024
Informal enquiries to Chiandra Jayasekera , [log in to unmask]

UNIVERSITY OF READING - TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED LEARNING SYSTEMS MANAGER [34]
Centre for Quality Support and Development
Ref: SRF46499
£45,585 - £56,021
Full time
Some remote working
Closing date: 03 April 2024
Informal enquiries to Vicki Holmes [log in to unmask]

 		[Follow #altc on social media] [35]

SOCIAL MEDIA
FOLLOW #ALTC FOR UPDATES

 		[Read open access research articles from Research in Learning
Technology] [31]

RESEARCH IN LEARNING TECHNOLOGY - JOURNAL

 		[Read the latest from the #altc blog] [36]

#ALTC BLOG
READ RECENT POSTS

 		LINKS FOR MEMBERS

Contact us [37]

Equality, Inclusion, & Diversity in ALT [38]

ALT strategy, policies and documents [39]

How ALT is governed [40]

_If this email does not display correctly you can access it by clicking
view in browser at the top of this email. Unsubscribe via JISCMail [41] ._

 		SUBMIT YOUR NEWS VIA THIS FORM [42]

Association for Learning Technology
Registered charity number: 1160039
T: +44 (0)1865 819 009 [43] | E: [log in to unmask]

 [44]   [45]   [46]   [47]

Links:
------
[1] https://go.alt.ac.uk/49i3956
[2] https://www.alt.ac.uk/
[3] https://www.oer2024.co.uk/
[4] https://www.youtube.com/@ALTacuk
[5] https://www.alt.ac.uk/news/all_news/thank-you-our-sponsors-supporting-oer24
[6] https://www.alt.ac.uk/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=888
[7] https://www.alt.ac.uk/news/all_news/proposals-are-open-new-special-interest-groups
[8] https://www.timeshighered-events.com/digital-universities-uk-2024/agenda/session/1287983
[9] https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12775169/
[10] https://padlet.com/AmplifyFE/fe-diary-of-events-3cceeqv09oysakzx
[11] https://www.alt.ac.uk/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=885
[12] https://www.alt.ac.uk/events?event_type=17
[13] https://www.alt.ac.uk/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=882
[14] https://www.alt.ac.uk/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=889
[15] https://www.alt.ac.uk/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=881
[16] https://www.alt.ac.uk/events
[17] https://pebblepad.com/pebblebash-2024/registration/
[18] https://open-publishing.org/journals/index.php/jutlp/call-for-editors
[19] https://www.aru.ac.uk/anglia-learning-and-teaching/centre-for-innovation-in-higher-education/events/cihe-annual-conference-2024
[20] https://lta.hw.ac.uk/escape-rooms-in-education-showcase/
[21] https://www.ucisa.ac.uk/Events/2024/April/Spotlight24
[22] https://altc.alt.ac.uk/blog/2024/03/oer24-guest-post-its-simple-ontarios-open-education-movement-is-about-our-learners/
[23] https://altc.alt.ac.uk/blog/2024/03/event-report-learning-technology-supporting-employability/
[24] https://altc.alt.ac.uk/blog/2024/03/the-national-teaching-repository-oer-with-reach-and-impact-tracking/
[25] https://altc.alt.ac.uk/blog/2024/03/oer24-guest-post-ten-active-steps-to-improve-digital-accessibility-in-your-educational-institution/
[26] https://altc.alt.ac.uk/blog/
[27] https://journal.alt.ac.uk/index.php/rlt/article/view/3040
[28] https://journal.alt.ac.uk/index.php/rlt/article/view/3020
[29] https://journal.alt.ac.uk/index.php/rlt/article/view/3129
[30] https://journal.alt.ac.uk/index.php/rlt/article/view/3203
[31] https://journal.alt.ac.uk/index.php/rlt/index/
[32] https://go.alt.ac.uk/4cjPqx8
[33] https://go.alt.ac.uk/4alhiPT
[34] https://go.alt.ac.uk/3IxRbsS
[35] https://twitter.com/hashtag/altc?lang=en
[36] https://altc.alt.ac.uk/blog/#gref
[37] https://www.alt.ac.uk/contact-us
[38] https://www.alt.ac.uk/equality-and-diversity-policy-statement
[39] https://www.alt.ac.uk/about-alt/how-we-are-governed/internal-alt-documents
[40] https://www.alt.ac.uk/about-alt/how-we-are-governed
[41] https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers.html
[42] https://www.alt.ac.uk/news/alt-news-digest
[43] tel:%2B44%20%280%291865%20819%20009
[44] http://twitter.com/A_L_T
[45] http://www.linkedin.com/company/association-for-learning-technology
[46] http://www.youtube.com/user/ClipsFromALT
[47] https://www.flickr.com/photos/PicsFromALT/

-- An announcements list for members of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT). To switch ALT-ANNOUNCE to receive output from the list in digest form, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message set ALT-ANNOUNCE digest in the body of the email. To unsubscribe to ALT-ANNOUNCE, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message leave ALT-ANNOUNCE, in the body of the email. --