From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Woo Suk, Tae
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 8:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] MRI volumetry with spatially normalized images

Dear SPMers.

I am planning to measure the volumes of frontal and temporal gyri.
And I think that each gyral volumes should be corrected by the volumes
of whole brains or intracranial cavities.
What I want to know is that the gyral volume measured with spatially
normalized MRI have a same effect compared with
the volume normalization by whole brain or intracranial cavities?
And is it more appropriate measuring with affine registered MRI without
warping?
If anyone had experience in this kinds of measurement, any comment would
be appreciated.

Woo Suk, Tae  Ph.D
Seoul, Korea