Hi everyone,

Inherent in spatial normalization in SPM is the realigment of native images
to account for subject motion by estimating the six-parameters used to
minimize the difference between each scan and the reference scan.

At this stage, SPM also provides the ability to write the 6 parameters in a
file, which can then be entered later into the model specification level
(fMRI-->design), in the design matrix.

Would anyone recommend doing this? Or, is the realignment at the
normalization stage sufficient? It seems to me that there is little sense in
entering in the 6 parameters at two separate stages, if it is the same
information that is being applied both times. I have heard it argued that
this a more conservative way however.

Opinions appreciated!

Thanks

Ben