Re: London/Londinium

Keith Briggs <[log in to unmask]>

The English Place-Name List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:30:50 +0000

text/plain

It's not a yahoo group, it's a jiscmail group.  The rules are at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/ .

Keith

From: The English Place-Name List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Guto Rhys [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 January 2019 17:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: London/Londinium

Stephen

I’ve tried to help you by providing references and suggestions for crucial reading. But you ignore all this.

This isn’t a website but a Yahoo group for people with a serious interest in the field. We’ve all tried to explain to you why your guess is so wrong. Many of us have spent a lot of time but you refuse to budge on gaining knowledge and stick to your guns.

I stay on this group because the discussions are overwhelmingly informed, thoughtful and insightful.

I think that this is perhaps the time for the admin to explain what the group rules are.

I’d rather not leave the group as I learn much from others. But I can’t get drawn into squabbles with someone who rejects attempts to help and shows disdain for scholarship and refuses to do the necessarily reading.

Guto

Sent from my iPhone